Monday, May 10, 2010

Learning to Cook

One of my biggest challenges here has been having to buy food and cook on my own most days.  Sometimes my roommate and I cook together but she is gone a lot.  We have had fridge issues so I have been reluctant to buy much food but I think we have finally solved the problem and we are excited.  Needless to say we eat a lot of fruits and veggies, which works out well since I am at the market twice a week visiting my sock-selling friends.  I want to learn how to make Turkish food and here's the first dish I tried.
It is a type of pasta (which comes in a frozen package) and they put garlic yogurt, tomato sauce, and spices on top.  It was very easy and delicious.  Tonight I made a simple omlette-like dish with tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms.  Tomorrow I will try the beans and rice dish my language helper taught me how to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment