Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Turkish Fun

     In my recent trip to the beach I was searching for the word for "float" in Turkish.  The best I could get out of several people was "being still on top of the water" or "not sinking."  I guess there is no word like float.  Maybe Turks can't float.  I didn't see many of them doing it.  jk
     I did learn the word for "dive."  It's something like, "to leap off of something like a fish."  Language is so interesting...
     My new favorite Turkish word is "yerçekimi" which means "ground suckingness" aka "gravity" :)
    The amount of Turkish I can understand and use is absolutely a miracle!  God has given me a huge gift and I am grateful.  To Him be the glory!  Many prayed, and He answered.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your miracles! I love your favorite word! Was someone listening to our homeschool science lessons? You're in our thoughts. Love in Him,
    Pennye

    ReplyDelete