I was reading with a friend where God says that He is our Father and she had a really hard time with that concept. She said it seemed so human. And so I told her that for me, my dad has been a great example to me of the characteristics of a good father. And that is what God is trying to tell us in His Word: He has the characteristics of a perfect Father. My dad helps me understand how God can be a father to us. I know that
not everyone has a good example of a father figure in their life,
especially in this country, and I see how that makes it very hard for
people to understand why God would say something like that.
My dad has always been there with me, showed me love, spent time with me, and encouraged me. I wanted to share with you guys some of the things he wrote to me recently.
"I love you because you are
you and I love you even more because of who you have become. Things like
honesty, your dedication to his service and the sacrifices that are a
part of this. I am a very proud parent and I know that we as parents
have been blessed more than we could have imagined. You are special and
you make this world a better place for us all. It humbles us to want to
do more and that is a good thing. Having you as my child has shone me
that if nothing else that raising a child is an investment and this work
provides rewards that sometimes amazes us. Please keep up the good work
and stay strong and you will continue to be an inspiration to many."
I thought of this verse: Galatians 4:6-7 "Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir. " I am so thankful to be God's child. I am so thankful that we can have such a close relationship with our Father God. My friend doesn't understand this yet, but I hope that someday she will.
No comments:
Post a Comment