Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sunset Beauty

 Every night we watched the beautiful sunset.
While spending some time at the beach I had the chance to see many reminders of God's faithfulness and love in nature.
Psalm 136:3-9
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.
who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.
who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.
who made the great lights—
His love endures forever.
the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.
the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.
I was sitting on the beach one day and playing with sand in my hands and thinking about this verse:
Psalm 139: 17-18 NLT
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!
As I looked at the different grains of sand and all the colors I thought about how God is always thinking about us and it was like with each grain He was saying, "I love you because of who you are. I love how you serve me. I love your talents. I love your personality. I love your quirks. I know how many hairs are on your head. I made this world for you..." And with every grain there was something new He was saying to me.  And it never ends.  I can't count all the ways that God tells me He loves me.  And every one is different and unique.
And then there were the sparrows that were flitting around the beach.  And I thought of the verse in Matthew 10:31 that says  "So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Everywhere I looked it was like He was saying, "I love you. You are important to me."

We had lots of fun with God's other creations that were everywhere just waiting to be caught!
My city-born friends couldn't believe that I would hold the frogs like this but I thought they were a lot of fun.

And here's what our guys caught off the dock with some fishing line and shrimp.




No comments:

Post a Comment